DJI Mavic Air 2 ESC Connection Error Code: 30085 problem




Good day everyone. It is a very sad day for me because I couldn’t fly my DJI MavicAir 2 because of this error that I am getting during take-off. First, I will explain to you what happened. On the afternoon of August 14, 2020, I used my 1st battery marked as 1 because it still has 70% juice on it. I did a fly around my house and tried the dolly zoom and it was all going well. After doing so, I tried to do a short hyperlapse on Mt. Panamao because I saw a few clouds covering it. After doing so, the battery went to 30% so I decided to land the drone so I could do the next hyperlapse around the town which was saved on my waypoints. I landed the drone properly with no problem and swapped the second battery marked as 2. But when I tried to take off, I have now the error message that says “ESC Error” and when you click on it, it says ESC Connection error.Repairs required. Contact DJI Support for assistance (Code: 30085). It was really frustrating. 


I tried the 3rd battery since I purchased the Fly more Combo and still the error was there. I tried researching online and asked some help from different Facebook groups that focuses on DJI Mavic Air 2. Some advised me to refresh the firmware thru the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic app on my PC and I did that but still no avail. The error was still there. So, what I did is I contacted my dealer and asked some help. At this time, I am really decided to just send the drone back to them for repair. I emailed DJI Support but replied to me that they couldn’t help me right now because of some problem with the customs. I emailed the dealer for help also until I was instructed to send an email directly to the Service Center here in the Philippines. I have the number of the service center and called them. I was advised to send them the drone together with the whole package and email them all the details needed for the repair. And on the morning of August 16, 2020, I tried to turn on the drone again because I forgot to screen record my phone that shows the error message because that is one of the requirements needed for the repair. I was shocked that the error message is now gone after I took it out of the box. I snapped in the propellers and tried to hover the drone just to check if it still gonna get the ESC Connection error message. 


After I hovered it for a few seconds, I landed it and restarted the drone to check for the error message and voila, the problem is back. I got the ESC Error message again. At least I have its screen recorded so I could get to send them the video. I packed everything again and went immediately to LBC. 



Right now, it is on its way to Manila since I am in Visayas region, that’s gonna take 1 or 2 weeks to reach them since all courier service are on land trip right now due to this pandemic. 


I just hope that they could fix it or maybe replace it so that I could enjoy my Mavic Air 2 again. Fortunately, Jean from the DJI Service Center Philippines is very much willing to help.

Comments

  1. You are lucky, My MA2 faced the same problem. I landed the drone, the ESC 30085 came out.
    Switch off, changed battery back to normal. can fly, but prompt to download latest battery firmware. After update, error code came out again. Thought is battery firmware issue. brought back to DJI reseller, they flied it with their battery and everything seemed Ok, change my battery and tried still flied well. but after a few seconds the drone suddenly crashed in front of the reseller and me without any warning. Now the drone had been sent back for warranty claim.

    So if your drone come out this error 30085, don't try anything to erase the code and fly it again !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was informed by the service center here in the Philippines that they sent my drone in Hong Kong. Hmm. At least they witnessed the crashing of your drone. So they should be paying for the repair of your MA2.

      Delete
  2. I even asked them if drone crash unexpectedly like this and hit human so who will responsible for this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's their response? Their suppose to be liable for the error in my opinion.

      Delete
  3. finally get my drone back from repairing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too. I just got it like 3 days ago. And they sent me a replacement instead of my original unit. :)

      Delete
  4. Hello I got the same problem
    Code 30085
    Did you have to pay for the repairing?

    And thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too. Bought over Amazon, tomorrow will be send to repair station.

      Delete
    2. As for my case, it is still under warranty. So no payment has been made for the repair. I only paid for the shipping. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Meu drone tá dando erro esc 30085 o q faco

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment